UTILITY WORKER TECH I
Under the direct supervision of the General Manager and/or Field Team Leader, performs general skilled maintenance activities and functions. Performs all general maintenance and construction duties as required for the general installation, maintenance and repair of the city's water distribution ad production system, including water mains, lines, service connections, wells, and storage tanks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance and repair work on a regularly scheduled basis without direct supervision.
- Assists other Public Works staff and departments in the planning and execution of their assignments, providing labor and/or technical assistance as required.
- Completes routine water system maintenance assignments and activities, without direct supervision, including, but not limited to: water line repairs, water well and/or water pump maintenance and repairs, water line installation and repairs, fire hydrant and valve repair, and general maintenance of ALL water distribution and production systems.
- Maintains all equipment utilized in maintenance activities, including changing oil and other routine maintenance of appropriate equipment.
- Assists and supports other City departments as to general maintenance projects, needs, and activities.
- Perform in a supervisory role as the designated lead of select jobs, as needed.
- Required to participate in the "on-call" work schedule rotation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the methods, tools, and equipment of other maintenance functions preferred.
- Ability to analyze problems and plan solution.
- Ability to maintain records on materials needed and used.
- General operational knowledge, experience, and/or familiarity with all Public Works machinery and equipment is preferred.
- Written communication - Able to read and interpret written information. Ability to read and interpret documents such as: safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical skills- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Organizations support - follow policies and procedures.
- Judgement- include appropriate people in the decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - uses time effectively.
- Safety and Security - observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - adapts to change in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - is consistently at work on time; arrives at meeting and appointments on time.
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
- Initiative - asks for and offers help when needed.
Qualifications, Experience and/or Certification Requirements:
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Competent training and certification from a technical or vocational school, and two (2) years general work experience; or equivalent combination of training and/or experience which evidences as comprehensive knowledge of required job duties and expectations.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and clean driving record
- Valid TCEQ Class "D" Water License preferred. Or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire to continue employment.
- Valid TCEQ Class "C" Groundwater License preferred. Or the ability to obtain within 2 years of hire to continue employment
- Ability to pass drug screen
- Have a clean Background Check
- Must live within 30 minutes travel time radius of the water system due to on call needs